Re: [yast-devel] ruby library for manipulation with /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
V Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:32:14 +0200
Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> naps√°no:

Hi,
I just found quite interesting library[1][2] for manipulation
with /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow in quite nice way.
Maybe we can use it in yast code if it works good ( so we can reduce
our code and benefit from third party code ).

It might be nice, but using it as a backend in yast2-users module would
probably require complete rewrite of our module which is mostly
written in perl. I'm not saying it is bad idea, but it would not be
little work.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel