Re: [yast-devel] Introduce Y2DIR "lib" directory
On 07/24/2013 04:25 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Corrupted memory in brain. Directory is of course "lib" like in rails,
not "dir".
Hi,
in short, I add in ruby bindings automatic inclusion of "dir"
repositories in Y2 paths to ruby load path. Reason is to have common
place to have pure ruby private ( in sense of not share it with rest
of ruby world ) files. Its intended usage is for various modules,
classes and other stuff that makes your plugins nicer. Include
directory is not good as it contain now translated code and contain
some special magic to make it work in ycp-way.
That leads to idea, that we need directory where you can have
proprietary parts of code that is intended only for given module and
its usage depends on language.

Current status is that it is supported only in ruby-bindings, but plan
is also to add it to perl and python bindings, if there is someone who
is interested in it (e.g. now in perl it must be all in one file or
use some tricky loading or write upstream perl library, that can be
called).

Example demonstration ( not working, just to demonstrate, real example
comes after Milestone 4 ):

client C:
require "services/main_dialog"

return result

dir/services/main_dialog.rb:
require "yast"

class Services
end

Great, thanks! :)

The only piece of information which is missing (or I can't find) is Where is this directory './lib' installed on the system?

For instance, this library https://github.com/yast/yast-services-manager/blob/master/src/modules/services_manager.rb contains main_dialog function plus its handling and I'd like to put it into some separate file outside /usr/share/YaST2/modules -- because it's not for public usage, it's intended just for the purpose of Yast Services Manager.

So, where exactly should I install it? Sources should be IMO in ./lib in https://github.com/yast/yast-services-manager/tree/master/src or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha