[yast-devel] Questions about some YCP Equivalents in ruby
Hi,

While I was just fixing a bug in current head and had to test the
fix anyway I assumed I could easily modify the ruby code needing
to be adapted anyway to a more ruby-like style.

I replaced the common usage of hash access with default parameter by

YCP Code --> Ruby like replacement
part["fsid"]:0 --> (part["fsid"]||0)
part["type"]:`none --> (part["type"]||:none)
substring(part["device"]:"",0,9) --> part["device"][0,9]

Could someone with more ruby experience tell me if these replacements
are reasonable? My testing showed they work, but I am not sure if there
are pitfalls I am not aware of.

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)