Re: [yast-devel] Requirements for Yast testing framework
On 08/12/2013 04:04 PM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
- Unit tests: We do only unit testing [2] in Yast (we test modules/methods
separately without any context), so unit test support is mandatory.

The question is if we could do more and also use integration testing [3] in
the
future. Like the installer could setup partitioning and then check bootloader
and software proposal. That would probably need some UI support, but in some
cases it could be nice.

Unit testing is definitely a must have. Continuous integration testing should be required for bigger projects, e.g., New Installer or AutoYast. I've been already working on such proposal.

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha