Re: [yast-devel] Slight incompatibility between Ruby and YCP
On Thu, Aug 01, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Hi Thomas,
at first it is feature of ruby bindings that can be disabled, but I
found it quite useful, because for me it is usually indication of error
if you access array out of its index.

Due to the default parameter it was not necessarily an indication
of an error in YCP code. I assumed whole concept of Ops module was
to become compatible with YCP behavior, while accessing lists and
maps.

Consequently one would also need to consider it an error to access
a nonexistent key of a map (since this is more or less the same
as access to an nonexistent index). But this does not trigger an
entry in y2log file.

If team agree then it can be removed at
https://github.com/yast/yast-ruby-bindings/blob/master/src/ruby/yast/ops.rb#L69
But you detect also another bug, that integer passed to log should be
inside while cycle 2 and not 1, so you get where in your code you
access out of array dimensions.
Josef

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)