Re: [yast-devel] Yast UI in Ruby: Formatting, Usage...
On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:03:54 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/03/2013 10:49 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
It is nice, that ruby already have its own style guide, so we can
just follow it -
https://github.com/SUSE/style-guides/blob/master/Ruby.md

If something is not clear, we can improve shared style guide, so
devs who work on any ruby project feel confortable in yast in ruby.

Question is if we should have DSL style for UI or common method
calls.

Thanks Josef,

So, it seems that UI definition is something similar to

Array
https://github.com/SUSE/style-guides/blob/master/Ruby.md#arrays

or

Hash
https://github.com/SUSE/style-guides/blob/master/Ruby.md#hashes

Both can actually use one-line and one-line-per-entry formatting
depending on the Array, resp. Hash size.

Is seems we don't need to be that strict.

Lukas

For me it is more likely method calls
https://github.com/SUSE/style-guides/blob/master/Ruby.md#method-calls

and only question is if it is common calls or DSLs calls.

Josef