Re: [yast-devel] Yast UI in Ruby: Formatting, Usage...
On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 10:29:37 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've created a new pull request yesterday
https://github.com/yast/yast-services-manager/pull/17/files that
changes some ui-related code. Right now, it doesn't seem we have any
agreement on how the code should look like in future.

Some Examples
=============

Table
-----
https://github.com/kobliha/yast-services-manager/blob/fd1fe09c533a5f7b1f72eb10d97b700e0c79b0c8/src/clients/services-manager.rb#L91

Everything on a separate line or should be something joint?

ChangeWidget
------------
https://github.com/kobliha/yast-services-manager/blob/fd1fe09c533a5f7b1f72eb10d97b700e0c79b0c8/src/clients/services-manager.rb#L56

One line rules them all or everything on its own line.

From my POV, it actually doesn't matter that much. What matters is
consistency within the rest of the code (or a library, Yast
module...).

Any opinions? Links to docu?
Thx
Lukas

It is nice, that ruby already have its own style guide, so we can just
follow it - https://github.com/SUSE/style-guides/blob/master/Ruby.md

If something is not clear, we can improve shared style guide, so devs
who work on any ruby project feel confortable in yast in ruby.

Question is if we should have DSL style for UI or common method calls.

Josef