Re: [yast-devel] Ruby code in SCR
* Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> [Jun 21. 2013 10:53]:

And we shouldn't forbid others from what we do ourself, see
libzypp and libstorage. Both don't use SCR.

Both libraries are part of the YaST backend and (hopefully) prevent
developers from calling 'rpm', 'parted' or 'mount' directly.

Give the backend a nice API, provide plenty of documentation and
examples, and developers will use it. No need to prevent not using it ;-)

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany