Re: [yast-devel] Snapper configuration problem
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:34:12PM +0800, Teng-Feng Yang wrote:
Hi,

I have cloned the latest source from the snapper git repo recently and
use it to create and manage snapshots on thin volume created by
dm-thin modules. Everything works perfectly until I want to allow
users of group "Domain/Backup Operators" to create snapshot on this
thin volume. I cannot set the ALLOW_GROUP parameter in the snapper
config file to "Domain/Backup Operators", since snapper takes space as
the separator between groups. Therefore, "Domain/Backup Operators"
will be processed as two separate groups "Domain/Backup" and
"Operators". Is it possible to allow such group in snapper config
file?

Hi Teng-Feng,

right now it's not possible to have groups with spaces. According
to the groupadd manpage this is not allowed. But as I have just
learned via Samba you can get such group names.

Since you have compiled snapper from source you can change it. In
server/MetaSnapper.cc in line 190 change

boost::split(groups, tmp, boost::is_any_of(" \t"), boost::token_compress_on);

to, e.g.

boost::split(groups, tmp, boost::is_any_of(":"), boost::token_compress_on);

Then groups have to be split by ":".

Unfortunately I cannot simply make that change upstream as it
will break the configuration for other users. Please open an
issue on GitHub so that I can find a proper solution.

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>