Re: [yast-devel] Ruby code in SCR
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:26:05 +0200
Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jun 20. 2013 13:22]:

One idea that I use in gloves is run code in chroot. Problem is
that it means, you need already system with code installed. But for
me it is also valid approach something like

make_proposals
install_jeos
chroot("/mnt") do
write_configuration
end

But I also agree that it is quite big change.

Well, chroot() is fine if it's called once, when the backend is
initialized.
A normal YaST module shouldn't even be aware to which file the backend
writes.

Klaus

Idea is that installation should drive it. SCR is implemented in way,
that you must use SCR and SCR must be aware where it runs, so it is
done on low level.
My idea is that installation should drive it and top level module
should do something like chroot.run TopLevel::Method...like chroot.run
Network.write (complex_map)
and whole Network code should be available on target place. So it is
decision between low level call must know if it is local or remote
( benefit is that there is no required software on target
system ) and high level RPC call to complete module ( benefit is that
you can use common method on any level that is just called on target
system ).

BTW something between solution is used for System namespace that
is used for perl-Bootloader that doesn't use SCR, but use libirary that
call native methods like File.write. ( but work only for modules, not
for clients )

Josef