[yast-devel] Ruby code in SCR
Hi,

As I've been implementing new module written in Ruby only (https://github.com/kobliha/yast-services-manager), I've found out I actually can't use many generic libraries because they access the system directly omitting SCR.

SCR is a layer that basically allows us to read and write configuration and call commands independently on the fact whether it is bound to current or chrooted system. SCR has the knowledge about the current target built-inside and it can switch targets on-the-fly. This is especially needed for installation. There are some want-to-haves:

- Installed system as small as possible (no YaST installed at all)
- Using as much upstream (Ruby) libraries as possible
- We must not take care about the target path itself, that can be set
or changed by installer almost anywhere

Do you have any idea how we could achieve that with the new YaST? I'd like to have something like:

SCR.Run do
<ruby code>
end

Any ideas how to implement this?

Thanks in advance
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha