Re: [yast-devel] YaST Runlevel in Ruby
On 06/18/2013 11:48 AM, JiříSuchomel wrote:
V Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:21:49 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Hi,

Last week, I've decided to start a pilot project: YaST Runlevel
written completely in Ruby. I've just got it to the state when I dare
to publish it :) Please try...

Comments and patches are welcomed! :) It was really easy to write
such YaST module in Ruby. I'll blog about it later.

Good step!

Few questions/notes:
- Does this mean current yast2-runlevel will be completely dropped and
replaced by this new one?

I think so. As I said, it's a pilot project but selected on its necessity.

- Do you keep current API of modules that are part of yast2-runlevel?
(subquestion: what about installation?)

No, there's no public API now/yet. It's a simple project to write some YaST module from scratch as fast as possible.

- What about parts that belong to yast2 package but
logically belong to same group (Service.ycp, mostly), will they get
rewritten the same way, or do they stay automatically translated?

They will be translated by the Kill-YCP project. As you can see, they are currently used directly from my code. Depending on their futural state, I'll either clean them up or rewrite them from scratch.

- Please release working package asap. Current y2-runlevel is mostly
unusable and we have to offer new/fixed one for early 13.1 testing.

It's open-source (although I have to state it in sources). I expect others to participate as well if they want to.

Thanks for your comments
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha