[yast-devel] YCP -> Ruby in "Press"
Hi,

I've been searching for some "random" opinions on the YCP -> Ruby conversion to get more feedback on what's not explained well enough, what users might feel as a possible problem, etc. Here's the list:

YaST is being rewritten in Ruby; Geeko gets a nosejob
[nice blog post, mostly useful comments]
http://opensuseadventures.blogspot.ca/2013/06/yast-is-being-rewritten-in-ruby-geeko.html

Suse 13.1: Yast goes Ruby
[German only, summary of the "Geeko gets a nosejob"]
http://www.linux-magazin.de/NEWS/Suse-13.1-Yast-goes-Ruby

OpenSUSE 13.1 Switching To Ruby-Based YaST
[article is just a summary, posts in forum indicate it wasn't well understood]
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM4NTI
http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?81155-OpenSUSE-13-1-Switching-To-Ruby-Based-YaST#post335059

Yast is being autotranslated from YCP into Ruby
[forum, useful, a bit of useless posts]
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/pre-release-beta/487511-yast-being-autotranslated-ycp-into-ruby.html

YaST se automaticky pƙepisuje v Ruby
[Czech only, mostly not useful]
http://www.root.cz/zpravicky/yast-se-automaticky-prepisuje-v-ruby/

From my POV, the feedback is quite good and some people see a lot new potential in our move from YCP -> Ruby. On the other hand, there are many questions mostly raised because of not enough information provided from our side. We can fix this by blogging about this theme a bit more.

Thanks && Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha