Re: [yast-devel] What about comments for YCP to Ruby conversion?
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:16:07 +0200
Dne 6.6.2013 10:19, Jiri Srain napsal(a):
Hello Johannes,

the comments are one of the tasks, which is currently being worked on. So you
re
right, we intend to translate the comments as well.

Yes, Josef is working on it, the problem is that the YCP parser does not
care about comments and throws them away. The major problem is how to bind the
comments properly with the code, you need to know the context around the comment
to decide correctly and that's a problem during parsing (you do not know what
will be the next node until it's actually parsed...)

Of course, comments are essential part of the code so we switch to ruby only
after
this is solved. This is a blocker for us.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer