[yast-devel] starting getty before firstboot
Hi,

Is there a way, if yes how would I do it, to start getty prior to firstboot kicking off?

I would like to have a firstboot procedure in a container while starting the container as a daemon, i.e.

lxc-start -n NAME -d

I tried to set the CONSOLE variable in /etc/init.d/boot to /dev/tty1 instead of /dev/console but that didn't help.

When I start the container "interactively" i.e. lxc-start -n NAME and let the container take over the terminal I am in the firstboot process works as expected. However when I start the container as daemon and then try to "connect" via lxc-console I end up with the following

# lxc-console -n NAME

Type <Ctrl+a q> to exit the console

What's the magic incantation to make this work?

Thanks,
Robert
Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx