Re: [yast-devel] Fixing yast2-slide-show for SLE11 SP3
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:06:20 +0100
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to fix yast2-slide-show for SLE11 SP3. Which git commands do I
have to use, please?

Thus far, I have checked out trunk only.

It is good start to have cloned trunk.

slide show doesn't have yet SP3 repository, so it depends on which you
want base it. I expect SP2. So you need these three commands:
git checkout -t origin/Code-11-SP2
git checkout -b Code-11-SP3
git push origin Code-11-SP3

Now you create SP3 branch and your copy have it. So then you can
commits there and when you want to push it there just call git push
( if tracked upstream is not set properly git will help you ).

If you plan to use code reviews, so developers could review your
changes, then documentation can be found here -
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

If you find any problem, just write what it prints to you.
Josef