Re: [yast-devel] WFM and other languages
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:30:54 +0100
Dne 4.2.2013 15:17, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Hi,
[...]
Also there is one more problem in yast2 script. It pass only client
name without suffix, so it is hard to decide in script itself if client
is ruby or ycp. Is there any way how to detect it in yast script?

Is that needed actually?

I think it should be similar to Yast modules, in YCP you write

import "Module";

and do not care if it is an YCP/Perl/Ruby/Python module.

The import call tries ycp/ybc and if not found then asks all language bindings to import it. The first one which succeeds is loaded into that name space.

For clients it should be similar, i.e. WFM::Call("client") should
look for client.ycp and then should try other bindings (suffixes) if not found.

BTW if we want to switch to Ruby do we want to actually support non-Ruby
clients?
If we would be able to do the switch at once, then we do not need to take care of non-Ruby clients...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer