Re: [yast-devel] Popcorn YaST integration
On 07/05/2012 09:08 PM, Akshit Khurana wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on my previous post on the
list[1]. For context: I'm working on a GSoC project on Popcorn[2] with
IonuČ› as my mentor. Popcorn will gather statistics determining popular
packages in openSUSE, and later for other distributions as well.

It's time for me (on my GSoC project timeline) where I should start
working on the integration, so I really need your help to finalize the
details.

Two points of integration have been proposed(in the previous thread):
o During installation (primary)
o Configuration menus of YaST(to change the yes/no option later)

During installation, two check boxes for smolt(hardware profile) and
popcorn(packages installed) could be presented together to the user.

To collect reasonable amount of data for the project to be useful, I'd
like to propose default: on with the appropriate explanation for
sending anonymous statistical data.

It should be default OFF for privacy reasons. If some one wants to
provide data then they opt in and they can check the boxes do whatever
they need to do.

Togan