Re: [yast-devel] 12.2 branches for libyui
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:08:50 +0200
Thomas Goettlicher <tgoettlicher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue June 19 2012 13:13:08 Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:18:43 +0200

Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

As libyui refactoring in master takes a little bit longer, I
created 12.2 branches for affected the repos. Please use these
branches if you fix bugs for 12.2. Don't forget to cherry pick
your fixes to master then.

Many thanks,
Thomas

Do we really want to use cherry picks or simple merge? Then you can
easily check if all fixes is merged to master. We use it in SLMS and
works fine ( different approach use studio, so both of them is
possible )
Every way is fine with me as long as all needed changes end up in
master.

Cheers,
Thomas

Josef

I think that we just need to decide which way we choose as it is not
compatible. cherry pick create new commit and if you then decide to
merge it cause conflict as you try to merge over it original commit.
So I just raise it to decide which way we want to go because now is the
right time.
Josef