[yast-devel] relationship between libyui and yast2-{gtk,ncurses,qt}-pkg
  • From: Björn Esser <bjoern.esser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:15:55 +0200
Hello!

I'm currently working on a CMake-based buildsystem for the liberated
libyui and it's plugins.

And I have a few questions about the relationship between libyui and
yast2-{gtk,ncurses,qt}-pkg.

So the pkg-things are build-depending on the corresponding libyui-plugin, afaik.
libyui-{gtk,ncurses,qt} are loaded from libyui directly when init of the ui.

Thomas Goettlicher and I agreed to have plugins, that belong to a
certain program (e.g. YaST2), but are loaded through libyui, put
inside a subfolder of /usr/lib/yui (e.g. /usr/lib/yui/YaST2 for YaST).
The plugins which are loaded from yast-core should stay where they are
(/usr/lib/YaST2/subfolder).

But from where and how are those yast2-{gtk,ncurses,qt}-pkg loaded?
yast-core or libyui?

If they are loaded by libyui they should be covered from it's new
buildsystem, too. Otherways they can be build by the yast-devtools.

I had some mail-dialogue regarding this with Josef already, but he
isn't sure about this special case.

I hope someone is able to answer my question.

A lot of thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Björn