Re: [yast-devel] YaST svn migrated to git: BROKEN
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 06:26:47PM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:
Hi,

big thanks to Daniel and Bernhard for the migration!

BUT we are not done yet.

As I tried to build a yast2-core update for SLE11 SP2 today,
I found the build tests failing. First it was a simple case of
svn:executable not having been migrated for some(!) files, but then
I found that the history of some files is not complete:

http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/yast/branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/core/libycp/testsuite/tests/builtin/builtin_redeclared.out?view=log
https://github.com/yast/yast-core/commits/Code-11-SP2/libycp/testsuite/tests/builtin/builtin_redeclared.out

The currently published result is unfortunately BROKEN. I don't
know the extent of that now.

It looks like it will be useful to run more tests on the result of
an improved migration.

I am running(*) a comparison now,
https://github.com/mvidner/yast2git/blob/master/yast-svn-git-diff-all
(and other yast-svn-git-diff* files)

and from the first dozen of repos it looks like many repos are affected, either
by
1) missing executable bits, or
2) failing to record that a file became empty.

*) If you want to run that script, it will be useful to have a local
copy of the SVN repo. You may want to run this overnight to get it:
https://github.com/mvidner/yast-svn2git/blob/satsolver/yast-svnsync

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner