[yast-devel] YaST svn migrated to git
  • From: "J. Daniel Schmidt" <jdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 21:41:12 +0200
Hi YaST hackers,

the YaST svn migrated to git - finally!

After about 24 hours the conversion was completed.
All 147 YasT modules are now uploaded to github.com.
If you do not yet have a login on github.com, go and create one.

The YaST modules are grouped in the yast organization:
https://github.com/yast

As the libYUI was extracted from the YaST code base we put them into its
own organization to underline its independence:
https://github.com/libyui

We also got our first forks while I was still uploading the repos.
This shows the collaborative strength of git hosted projects.

To make your initial clones a little easier there is a small tool
called 'y2m' in this repo.
https://github.com/yast/yast-meta

If just follow the installation instructions in the README
this tool helps you to clone or checkout all (or just some) YaST modules.
Please feel free to adapt and improve this tool (grep for TODO) or write
a better one. I just wanted to give those guys who are used to svn a small
tool to help them getting started.

Just one module did not make it in the conversion: yast-qt-pkg
I will reenable write access to it in svn. Thus it will be migrated later.

Please note the 'Conventions' for naming branches and tags for released
products:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_SVN_to_GIT

For any questions related this to this switch contact us on our mailing lists:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:YaST
or chat with us in the #yast channel on irc.freenode.org

Ciao,
Daniel

--
J. Daniel Schmidt <jdsn@xxxxxxx> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH