Re: [yast-devel] Announcement: SVN to GIT migration - Wednesday 16th 16:00 CEST
On 05/16/2012 03:46 PM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 16.5.2012 15:23, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
BTW: If you are familiar with subversion and don't want to learn the new git
commands, you can talk svn to github. See:

https://github.com/blog/966-improved-subversion-client-support

Well, I'd rather suggest learning GIT, it's not that hard. And here is
a list of SVN/GIT equivalents: http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

Git is used by many projects anyway, so to get familiar with it is a real
benefit for you...

Moreover you can use GIT even locally (without any remote server) for tracking
changes in any file, just do:

git init .
git add my_presentation.html

Sometimes I use it even for system config files when I'm doing some
experiments
there, I can very easily revert/review changes...

and if you use git-flow from the devel:tools:scm then branching is so
easy and clean

for some info

<http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/>
<http://jeffkreeftmeijer.com/2010/why-arent-you-using-git-flow/ >