Re: [yast-devel] Re: SVN -> Git: Different Approach to Migration
Dne 9.5.2012 11:32, J. Daniel Schmidt napsal(a):
On Wednesday 09 May 2012 07:43:56 Jiri Srain wrote:
Anyhow, in order not lose any commits you need to announce the date and
time for this to all developers as all SVN commits after the latest
dump will not be in the git repo and thus would be lost.

To prevent this, turn the repo to read-only mode before creating the
dump. I can assist with this.

The problem is not switching the repo to read-only mode. I know how to do
that. The issue is to have the date and time announced when it will happen.
We should not silently switch it to read-only mode.

Yes, of course. What I wanted to point out that just announcement is not enough and there will always be someone who forgets about it :-)

Jiri