Re: [yast-devel] NCurses YaST color adjustment
Am 07.05.2012 19:08, schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 16:54 +0200, Thomas Goettlicher wrote:
On Mon May 7 2012 16:01:39 Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

Is there a way to adjust colors in ncurses-YaST to make it
accessible

for low-vision users?

There is Y2NCURSES_COLOR_THEME, See:
http://old-en.opensuse.org/YaST/Tips
The info is also available in our new wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:YaST_tricks

Thanks Thomas!

This gave me an idea of what the basic options are, without actually
going into custom color designs (a bit spooky to the uninitiated).
Unfortunately, I've tried a few of these options listed and none worked
well with user having a high-contrast desktop theme. Perhaps we can add
one more default mode for high-contrast?

the mono theme displayed a bright white background (often a no-no for
low-vision users) and the rxvt theme which claims to be black-yellow-red
displays black as a bright grey.

I'd like to work with you guys to test out a couple of new theme options
that might make ncurses-yast more accessible. How can we approach
this?

You can send me your suggestions and I will try to create a high-contrast colour theme.
Maybe we can use an existing theme as a basis and you tell me what to improve,
e.g. mono theme with a grey background.

Greetings
Gabi

--