Re: [yast-devel] NCurses YaST color adjustment
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:08:59 -0500
On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 16:54 +0200, Thomas Goettlicher wrote:
On Mon May 7 2012 16:01:39 Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

Is there a way to adjust colors in ncurses-YaST to make it
accessible

for low-vision users?

There is Y2NCURSES_COLOR_THEME, See:
http://old-en.opensuse.org/YaST/Tips

Cheers,

Thomas

Thanks Thomas!

This gave me an idea of what the basic options are, without actually
going into custom color designs (a bit spooky to the uninitiated).
Unfortunately, I've tried a few of these options listed and none worked
well with user having a high-contrast desktop theme. Perhaps we can add
one more default mode for high-contrast?

the mono theme displayed a bright white background (often a no-no for
low-vision users) and the rxvt theme which claims to be black-yellow-red
displays black as a bright grey.

I'd like to work with you guys to test out a couple of new theme options
that might make ncurses-yast more accessible. How can we approach
this?

Bryen

Bryen

--

Thomas Goettlicher

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer,

HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg