Re: [yast-devel] Popcorn YaST install integration
On 05/04/2012 02:22 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 04/30/2012 11:45 AM, Ionuț Arțăriși wrote:
Presenting the two (smolt and popcorn) together, under the new "Send
Statistical Information" checkbox would be a great idea IMHO.

From my POV, "Send Statistical Information" is too generic and I as a
user would definitely disable that feature ASAP. It definitely needs
additional explanation, sadly, we don't have tooltpis for checkboxes (or
do we? Qt allows us to use them in some cases). Also information how
this could be turned on/off later should be there.

Totally agreed and myself would not be turning of this feature in any
case, there is enough data collected by all other means in other areas
and this will be another one this time with opensuse (:

Installation is, IMO, the right place for turning this on. Maybe placing
that into software proposal would make sense.

If we want at least some data, default should be :on.

No the setting should be off by default meaning if one is interested to
participate then s/he can opt in

Togan