[yast-devel] how to port a function for use in YaST2
Hi,

I want to use two functions from GLib in yast2-core's ini agent. I've created a "minimal working subset" of functions from GLib - pure C. It contains three key functions and a couple help functions/macros (mainly related to string manipulations). The functions are not performance critical - used when reading/writing config file at approximately 5 places in whole agent.

I want to know what is widely acceptable for use in YaST2. Is it acceptable to use it as a C code (extern "C") as it is, or should I migrate/rewrite it to C++ (I mean nontrivial conversion - e.g. replace char * -> string, malloc -> new and so on).

Michal Filka