[yast-devel] Re: SVN -> Git: Different Approach to Migration
  • From: "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <bwiedemann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:01:53 +0200

On 04/24/2012 01:12 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking about the migration from SVN to Git and I came to a
conclusion that I'd really love to use GitHub my work instead of
SVN. For purpose, I (personally as a developer) care about modules
I still maintain.

And as we'd like to move from SVN to GitHub module by module
anyway, I propose to start moving them right now - if there is a
module that can be converted and moved, let's do it now and don't
wait for other ones. Such module would have a new DISCONTINUED file
in SVN linking to the project at GitHub. We'd have to create this
file in every active branch. I'd maybe added a non-standard note to
*.changes file too.

--- DISCONTINUED --- Development and maintenance of this project
has been discontinued in this SVN. We have moved the project to
GitHub: https://github.com/yast/module_name --- DISCONTINUED ---

Bye Lukas

Hi,

if you have modules that had no changes since 2012-02-28, you can
git clone http://www3.zq1.de/bernhard/linux/yast/yast-MODULE.git/
right now

If you had changes, we would need a newer SVN-dump, but Daniel who did
this dump last time is on vacation until 2012-05-06

Ciao
Bernhard M.