Re: [yast-devel] Re: YCP substring() Was: YCP String operator [] and UTF-8
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 11:07:57AM +0200, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 3.4.2012 10:15, Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):

Ooops, I just realized that the problem is actually in substring() function,
[] operator works only with lists, maps or terms in YCP. (I'm using so many
languages...).

I used substring() to get one character. So the problematic call is
actually:

substring("áa", 1, 1);

which returns "\0xF1" instead of "a" as I expected.

The documentation does not tell whether the substring() argument units are
in
bytes or characters.
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/tdg/substring-rest.html

YCP has the function lsubstring:

http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/tdg/lsubstring-rest.html

For many functions though there is no UTF-8 aware version,
e.g. search, tolower, deletechars, findfirstof, ...

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>