Re: [yast-devel] Re: YCP substring() Was: YCP String operator [] and UTF-8
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Apr 03. 2012 11:10]:

Ooops, I just realized that the problem is actually in substring() function,
[] operator works only with lists, maps or terms in YCP. (I'm using so many
languages...).

:-)

I used substring() to get one character. So the problematic call is actually:

substring("áa", 1, 1);

which returns "\0xF1" instead of "a" as I expected.

The documentation does not tell whether the substring() argument units are in
bytes or characters.
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/tdg/substring-rest.html

So any opinions on changing this call? Is the UTF-8 assumption also valid
here?

Yes. sub_string_ is operating on strings and strings are defined to be
UTF-8 encoded.

Regards,

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany