Re: [yast-devel] Gloves: Permissions Overview
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:32:11 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/29/2012 11:22 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Well, that is not exactly true, as for this specific purpose I plan
to create third agent - directory agent, which have permission to
create/read/modify/delete any file in directory ( read and modify
have almost identical interface as FileAgent )

In other words, it's exactly true with the current state ;) But you
have a solution.

To be honest, for me your sentence "The low-level-perms (on path) make
it impossible to configure dynamically created sysconfig files" looks
more like general statement then fact about current status of
implementation.

So you can have permission for directory "/etc/sysconfig/network/"
and then you can handle all files in this directory. For me it is
still low-level operation and don't need any logic from upper
layer. We just need to ensure, that we handle correctly paths ( no
path escaping anywhere ).

That sounds good. Which also means we are back to zero: We should
grab all the pros & cons (as already started during our meeting) for
both solutions and then compare them to pick one.

Yes, I agree. I just want to have correct *general* pros/cons ( as
implementation can change, API can be modified, but permissions should
make huge difference in architecture ( and also in API )).

Josef

Lukas

--
Josef Reidinger