Re: [yast-devel] Gloves: Permissions Overview
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:32:11 +0200
On 03/29/2012 11:22 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Well, that is not exactly true, as for this specific purpose I plan to
create third agent - directory agent, which have permission to
create/read/modify/delete any file in directory ( read and modify have
almost identical interface as FileAgent )

In other words, it's exactly true with the current state ;) But you have a solution.

So you can have permission for directory "/etc/sysconfig/network/" and
then you can handle all files in this directory. For me it is still
low-level operation and don't need any logic from upper layer. We just
need to ensure, that we handle correctly paths ( no path escaping
anywhere ).

That sounds good. Which also means we are back to zero: We should grab all the pros & cons (as already started during our meeting) for both solutions and then compare them to pick one.

Lukas