Re: [yast-devel] Migrate YaST svn to git
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:58:41 +0100
On 02/27/2012 08:19 PM, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
> So nobody has to use the meta package, but it might help people who are used
to our current svn layout.

The script currently only exists in my head. I will write a first version
within the next days and hope it will be improved and extended by many
yasties.

Ciao,
Daniel

The repo tool serves a different purpose. You can work in various modules at the same time and see what is changed and/or commit in one shot to different git repositories. At the same time, the manifest in the meta-repository, like submodules, points to specific heads in the individual repositories), therefore you can checkout "openSUSE_11_3" tag/branch in one shot as well.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany