From: Arvin Schnell [mailto:aschnell@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:01 PM
To: Mike Coleman
Cc: yast-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [yast-devel] unable to kill off IMSM dialog box

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:39:08PM -0600, Mike Coleman wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install onto an IMSM (fakeraid) drive with autoyast, and it
seems to work okay, except that I cannot figure out a way to kill off the
useless (to me) dialog box, which says

You are running on the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager...
...Volume0
Do you want MD Partitionable RAID subsystem to manage these partitions?

The default here is 'Yes', which works for me, and which looking in the code
seems to mean "use mdadm" (whereas 'No' would mean "use dmraid").

I've tried adding <imsmdriver
config:type="symbol">IMSM_MDADM</imsmdriver>, but this doesn't
seem to help.

That does not work since the autoyast profile is loaded after the
first probing where libstorage gives the popup.

I've tried setting the device to "/dev/md" or "/dev/md0", but
this doesn't work. I've tried passing a kernel parameter of
LIBSTORAGE_IMSM_DRIVER=mdadm or =IMSM_MDADM--no luck.

LIBSTORAGE_IMSM_DRIVER=mdadm should work. Which version of SUSE
are you using? Can you provide the YaST logs?

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>