Re: [yast-devel] Migrate YaST svn to git
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:26:01 +0100
On 02/24/2012 11:03 AM, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
On Thursday 23 February 2012 11:36:54 Thomas Fehr wrote:

One thing is missing. The property svn:ignore is not migrated.

AFAIK it would be enough to do a "svn propget svn:ignore" and put the
content (if nonempty) into a file .gitignore in the same dir in git
repo. I think it is more useful to do that once in the migration script
instead of everyone has to do it for his git repo afterwards.

Yes indeed, we can and should automate this as well.
Thanks for the hint, we will include it in our tool.

Hi,

I've just "finished" a simple script that checks the current YaST Git snapshot for:

- number of branches
- number of tags
- number of commits in the current branch

The script in question can be found here:
https://github.com/kobliha/yast_svn_2_git_check

The latest script output here:
https://github.com/kobliha/yast_svn_2_git_check/blob/master/last.log

Bye