Re: [yast-devel] YaST++ Sprint Review 2012-02-21
Dne 22.2.2012 15:25, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Generic Reminders
-----------------
* Keep it simple
* Some parts might be projects for Google Summer of Code

ACLs
----
* Bind to path
* Roles defined as in WebYast

BTW, today I came across an interesting polkit feature:
org.freedesktop.policykit.imply annotation:

"The org.freedesktop.policykit.imply annotation (its value is a string
containing a
space separated list of action identifiers) can be used to define meta actions.
The
way it works is that if a subject is authorized for an action with this
annotation,
then it is also authorized for any action specified by the annotation. A
typical use
of this annotation is when defining an UI shell with a single lock button that
should
unlock multiple actions from distinct mechanisms."

(See "man polkit")

Using this annotations we could easily define high-level roles from low-level
actions and it would be transparent for polkit and work with all polkit tools
and
services (pkaction, pkcheck, DBus service, etc...)

The drawback is that it could not be used in WebYaST on SLES (due to the old
PolicyKit), we would need a workaround there... :-(

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer