Re: [yast-devel] y2dir ?
On Thu, Feb 16, Per Jessen wrote:

I'm trying to use Y2DIR to temporarily fix an iscsi issue during
installation, but I simply cannot get it to work. As far as I can tell
from /var/log/yast2/y2log, my Y2DIR setting is being ignored.

I've tried starting yast:

a) Y2DIR=/my2 yast
b) export Y2DIR=/my2
yast

In /my2 I have the following:

# ls -l /my2
total 120
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 87067 Feb 15 06:49 IscsiClientLib.ybc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28721 Feb 15 06:49 IscsiClientLib.ycp

No idea about Y2DIR, that is handled in yast2-core, which I am not
familiar with. If I need to replace parts of a (readonly mounted)
installation system, I use bind mounts:

mount --bind /my2/IscsiClientLib.ycp
/usr/share/YaST2/modules/IscsiClientLib.ycp
mount --bind /my2/IscsiClientLib.ybc
/usr/share/YaST2/modules/IscsiClientLib.ybc

Should do what you want. This way you can modify arbitrary files, not
only ycp files. Note that the changes to modules should be done before
yast2 is started.

I _know_ I had this working last year before Christmas, so it has to be
something stupid, but I just cannot see it.

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-74053-482, Email: fehr@xxxxxxx