Re: [yast-devel] Ruby-bindings and exception
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:26:28 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/14/2012 10:23 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Having the last_error or maybe even last_exception (with details)
method would be definitely a good approach.

I think that message should be enough, backtrace should go just to
logs.

We have a special logfile for that: /var/log/YaST2/signal

L.

I think we should not confuse such file with output from ruby-bindings.
Purpose of this file is to check problem e.g. segfaults, division by
zero etc. On other hand, exception in ruby is part of common workflow
like missing file, permissions, unexpected output etc. I think that
common yast log with proper level ( error ) should be enough.
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger
Software Engineer Appliance Department