[yast-devel] Re: YaST-- review
Dne Pá 3. února 2012 18:59:56, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:46:50 +0100

"Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Some stuff that caught my attention, not necessarily bad or good:
From our WebYaST experience, we have to make it attractive to

non-SUSE developers to try and play with our stuff. The ruby
eco-system is much bigger and can be leveraged to other usages and
distributions.

However, the source tree still look a bit "SUSEish":
- Centered around rpm and not around gems (I would generate the spec
from gemspecs)

I'm not sure what would be the gain. As mentioned, dbus and polkit stuff needs
to be packaged, but when you run yast++ as root, these are not needed.
But there are package requirements for the config agents (the lower layer) as
well: the 'script agents' are running scripts that are mostly part of external
packages, that need to be installed.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960