Re: [yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] r67110 - in /branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/restore: VERSION package/yast2-restore.changes src/Restore.ycp
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:32:27 +0100
On 01/05/2012 03:31 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:22:57 -0000

Author: locilka
Date: Thu Jan 5 15:22:56 2012
New Revision: 67110

+ if (CheckAndPrepareNFS (parsed_url)) {
+ y2milestone ("NFS-related services adjusted");
+ } else {
+ y2error ("Cannot adjust NFS-related services");

Hi, this is one of the most common annoying behavior of yast. Something
seriously failed. And instead quick response, that something is wrong
with reasonable message, it fails latter with totally confusing message
or not fail at all and just doesn't work. This doesn't make good
image of YAST.

This is intentional, I didn't want to change the current behavior as this is a hotfix for SLE 11 SP2. I didn't want to add any text either. Moreover, this is in AutoYaST. Additionally, I want to drop the module ASAP.

Thanks for your comments but I can't and don't want to add any special handling there. I want to keep it as it was, except that is fixes as few as possible.

Thx
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department