[yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] r66973 - /branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/fcoe-client/src/complex.ycp
Am 01.12.2011 13:00, schrieb Josef Reidinger:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:58:13 -0000
gs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Author: gs
Date: Wed Nov 30 10:58:12 2011
New Revision: 66973

Log:
don't allow to change AUTO_VLAN setting for a
configured device, call fcoeadm -d correctly

Modified:
branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/fcoe-client/src/complex.ycp

Modified: branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/fcoe-client/src/complex.ycp
--- branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/fcoe-client/src/complex.ycp
(original) +++
branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/fcoe-client/src/complex.ycp Wed Nov
30 10:58:12 2011 @@ -83,7 +83,10 @@ y2milestone( "Calling %1",
command ); map output = (map)SCR::Execute( .target.bash_output,
command ); y2milestone( "Output: %1", output ); -
+ if ( output["exit"]:255 != 0 )
+ {
+ Popup::Error( sformat( _("Command %1
failed"), command ) );
+ }

Hi, I see this as quite common practice in YaST and I don't like it
much.
1) I am user and I see this error Command<blabla> failed. What it
means for me? is something broken? what should I do? retry it? report
bug? Also it would be nice if there is details section which add e.g.
stderr output for experienced users.
I have added more information about the failure to the popup text.

2) You report error, fine. So I am user and click OK and YaST continue
doing something ( your error is in foreach loop that run set of
commands ). This is very strange behavior for me.
It's a loop of commands to call in case of 'Cancel' to revert the creation of FCoE interfaces. This means YaST doesn't continue to do (to configure) something but only tries to revert changes.

Josef

--
Gabriele Mohr
Maxfeldstr. 5 Tel: +49 911 740 53 362