[yast-devel] YaST++: the API discussion
Hi,

YaST++ is divided into two layers, the low-level for accessing system (behind
D-BUS) and high level library. We are calling them "config agents" and YLib
library (the 'Y' in YLib is the remaining reference to YaST).

Potential application could actually want to use both layers, so we have to
define some API that's reasonably stable and nice to use.

For config agents, we've agreed that thay should basically return the file
structure of the file they are accessing to. One way is e.g. the augeas
structure covering whole file (when augeas is used, of course).

For YLib, we discussed something close to REST model. We want to use one Read
function and 3 ones for writing: Add, Modify, Delete. Read function has one
argument, write functions have 2 of them, first for providing some "directing
data", second for the real data to be written.

To see the examples, go to
https://github.com/yast/yast--/wiki/YLib-Use-Cases

The discussion is not finished yet, so feel free co comment.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarsk√° 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960
190 00 Praha 9, Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz.