Re: [yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] r66428 - in /branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/s390: package/yast2-s390.changes src/modules/DASDController.ycp
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 05:15:50PM +0200, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 13.10.2011 15:35, aschnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):

+ /*
+ l = maplist(map<string, any> m, l, {
+ return filter(string k, any v, m, {
+ return contains([ "channel", "dev_name" ], k);
+ });
});
+ */

Avoid commenting dead code, just remove it (it's still in SVN history if you
need
to recover it later, just use a descriptive commit message so you can later
find it
easily)

(IMO commenting is acceptable if you need to temporarily disable some code.
But don't forget to add some FIXME comment why it was disabled in that case.)

The code is new and will likely be activated soon.

+ return $[ "devices" : l ];

Oh! At first sight I was wondering why number one was returned here, then I
noticed
that there is "l" (letter L) not "1" (one). In fixed font in my email client
they
look very similar...

Use more descriptive variables if possible, especially when a typo can be
overlooked
like in this case...

The variable already had that name. I just eliminated another
variable called "ll".

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>