Re: [yast-devel] YaST2 +EFI Partition
On Wed, Sep 14, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:

Hello,

a question for the size of a EFI Partition?

I found a document Novell (7003263) that tell me, the partition "can be"
100-400 MB but yast2 only let me create a partition of 156 MB, in the most
time a bigger Partition was mounted as /WINDOWS/C from YaST2?

I cannot reproduce this here. I can create EFI Partition of other sizes
than 156 MB. Since EFI Partitions have the same filesystem (FAT) as windows
partitions, YaST2 assumes FAT partitions above a certain size limit to be
plain normal windows partitions. Nevertheless one can simply use such an
mis-detected Wwindows partititon and use it as EFI partition. Just modify
its mount point to /boot/efi select to format it.

OK, I learning in the moment to install over (U)EFI and have no chance to set
up a XEN system with EFI.

OT: The Question is only the change to grub2-efi (dualboot) must I have for
this a bigger partition?

No idea...

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-74053-482, Email: fehr@xxxxxxx