Re: [yast-devel] Moving SVN to GIT
* J. Daniel Schmidt <jdsn@xxxxxxx> [Sep 14. 2011 17:35]:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:04:49 AM Lukas Ocilka wrote:

It's been a long time since I've read about moving our SVN to GIT for
the last time. Can you tell us what's the current status? What needs to
be done? Where/how can we help?

This is still WIP.
Klaus and me are still working on a tool that filters our svn-dump properly
before it can be imported in a git repo. Our usage of the svn repo for
multiple modules makes it difficult to make sure the history is included in
each target repo. The default "git svn clone" does not work for us, neither
does the kdetool with our unmodified svn dump.

Just to add some numbers: Of the 199 various projects/modules we
identified within the svn repo, about 26 still resist the svn->git
conversion. Most prominently is libyui (which moved from yast/core/yui
to branches/tmp/sh/libyui and back to trunk/libyui)

The current version of our custom filter tool uses satsolver to compute what
to filter out.

Well, it uses satsolver to keep the svn dump metadata in memory and
make it fast to find nodes affecting pathes.

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany