Re: [yast-devel] Moving SVN to GIT
On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:04:49 AM Lukas Ocilka wrote:

It's been a long time since I've read about moving our SVN to GIT for
the last time. Can you tell us what's the current status? What needs to
be done? Where/how can we help?

This is still WIP.
Klaus and me are still working on a tool that filters our svn-dump properly
before it can be imported in a git repo. Our usage of the svn repo for
multiple modules makes it difficult to make sure the history is included in
each target repo. The default "git svn clone" does not work for us, neither
does the kdetool with our unmodified svn dump.

The current version of our custom filter tool uses satsolver to compute what
to filter out. And even the current version is breaking for some modules that
are even more special. Once the tool covers all corner cases we can do the
switch.

Ciao,
Daniel

--