Re: [yast-devel] YaST Dialog Button Order in KDE
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 16:02:27 +0200

Dne 9.9.2011 11:14, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Dne 7.9.2011 16:30, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
According to the
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_development_misc_button_Order in
KDE [OK] button is always on the left to [Cancel] button, but we
currently use the opposite in our dialogs (in GNOME, the opposite is
actually correct).

What do you think of using ButtonBox for THESE dialogs
https://bugzillafiles.novell.org/attachment.cgi?id=339226 and keeping
the button sorting on the selected UI?

Sounds like a good plan. I think the use of the button box is appropriate
for
all non-wizard-dialogs.

Fine, as I haven't seen any other opinion (against) I'll do the switch
for openSUSE 12.1.

I've just changed Wizard to use ButtonBox where possible but it seems
that if we wanted to change, e.g. bootloader or backup, to place buttons
according to the selected UI, we'd actually need to rewrite these
modules as they actually use a generic dialog and then:

* Change [Next] to [OK]
* Change [Abort] to [Cancel]
* Hide [Back]

In this case, changing Wizard to use ButtonBox doesn't help. This will
need some more time. So far, I've kind of failed in that.

Bye
Lukas

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova