Re: [yast-devel] yast++ name
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:55:22 +0200

Dne 2.9.2011 11:12, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
YaST++/-- is just codename for project. Packages ( now located at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST%3AHead%3Ayastpp ( not
all packages packaked yet, WIP ) has own names, which is not problem for
RPM. Josef

The project's name is 'YaST++', in git it's called 'yast--' and the
buildservice projects is 'yastpp'. That's somehow inconsistent and might
confuse newbies. I'd prefer a unique name.

YaST++ is the same comparing to YaST2 as C++ to C :) At least that's how
I understand the codename.

yastpp just translates the ++ to pp, IMO ++ in RPM is OK as several C++
packages with ++ in their RPM name are already in our distro. I'm also
for unification, but I believe ++ is not an issue.

Bye
Lukas

- --

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department, SUSE LINUX s.r.o.
MD: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Alena Hendrichova