Re: [yast-devel] YaST Dialog Button Order in KDE
On Thursday, September 01, 2011 01:14:07 pm Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 31.8.2011 12:39, Jiri Srain napsal(a):
[...]

When a button has a specific meaning (and it does not really matter
whether the label is Next, OK or Finish), it should not move (I mean,
when you click Next, in the next dialog there should not be Back button
at the same location). From this perspective, we have only two options:

[Back][Next]
[Back][Finish]

or

[Finish][Back]
[Next][Back]

Even though being a KDE user, I feel better about the first one (just a
personal opinion).

IMO only the first possibility is correct for _multiple_ step dialogs
(wizard) regardless the current desktop environment.
I fully agree with you.

The reason is that it imitates turning pages in a book - if you advance in
a book you turn the right page and if you want to go back you turn the
left page.
Good explanation.

This is the reason why it is logical even in KDE.

(The only reason for switching are RTL languages like Arabic. And IIRC this
is already handled in our wizard correctly.)

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák
Yast Developer
Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960
190 00 Prague 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz/

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,